Sunday, May 1, 2011

Turkey Hunting with Dad









I went turkey hunting with Dad today. He was disappointed this morning that he didn't get one. He roosted a gobbler on Saturday night and had his blind set-up before daylight this morning. However, the gobbler ignored Dad's calling and even the stuffed jake and hen decoys. The turkey flew out of his tree and sashayed over the hill before Dad could get a shot with his bow. Better luck next time, Dad!


Mom, Dad, and I went hunting again this afternoon. We saw a gobbler while we were walking to the spot for Mom's blind. We left Mom there, but she didn't see anything. Dad and I went walking around and jumped three hens, but didn't hear any gobblers. I even helped Dad try to call them in! Dad was really happy when I was quiet for several minutes, until he found out what I was eating! This stuff doesn't taste good!

No comments:

Post a Comment