Thursday, April 8, 2010

The Diaper Board


Mommy and Daddy got another new nurse in postpartum after the shift change at 11 pm. Mom called Mindy at 1 am because I was puking up more mucous. Mindy and Dad took me down to the NICU for some stomach pumping. I wasn't real happy, but I felt a little better afterwards.


Mindy told Mom and Dad to keep track of my dirty diapers. I needed to have at least one "wet" and several "messy" ones during my hospital stay. Daddy wasn't very experienced at changing diapers so I helped him on the first one. He thought it was clean until he lifted my legs up. It gave me just enough leverage to squirt him with a messy one. Mommy laughed.......


We all made it through the night. I don't know why Mommy and Daddy wanted to sleep so much.......I didn't want to miss one minute of my first 24 hours. Besides, I had to sleep in a little box compared to Mommy's hospital bed and Daddy's chair.


The nurses gave me some more shots and came in to check me and Mommy every hour. They even took my hand and foot imprints!
Some people even sent us flowers!

No comments:

Post a Comment